Career Opportunity – Structural Engineer
Leonard Engineering is a WBE Certified Structural Engineering Firm located in Louisville, KY.
Accepting applications for future opportunity for structural engineer or designer to join our team:
This is a unique opportunity to join an upbeat, caring company. Become an integral part of the continued success and growth of our team. Leonard Engineering was founded in 2003 by Elleanor and Steve Leonard. We’ve since grown, and so has our reputation.
Today, we’re an experienced team of expert engineers whose passion is providing exceptional service while building enduring relationships. We’re looking for a seasoned engineer who seeks a long-term position with the opportunity to excel. Our energetic, personable workplace environment offers exciting and challenging projects. Our portfolio includes medical, educational, multi-use, government, municipal, industrial, commercial, historical, multifamily plus various special structures.
Our clients include architects, government agencies, contractors, developers, investors, fabricators and owners. Our mission is to provide comprehensive structural engineering services to support our client’s vision. We apply our knowledge and creativity to achieve cost-effective, practical solutions. Our firm offers an exceptional customer experience on projects of any size and scope.
- Live and work within driving distance of Louisville and/or Lexington. Can work in Louisville office or work remotely.
- Structural analysis and design, writing proposals and production of construction documents and specifications
- Construction Administration including shop drawing review and site visits
- Report writing
- Project meetings and estimating
- Working closely with other engineers on team as well as independently on projects
- Coordinating directly with clients
- Structural assessments
- Client management ensuring exceptional service is provided and relationships are nurtured
- Helping to grow company by identifying work opportunities with existing clients and nurturing new ones
- Potential to lead the team
- BS in civil engineering with concentration in structural
- 4+ years of experience (prefer 6+) in the design of building structures
- Prefer PE
- Design skills in steel, concrete, masonry and timber
- Familiar with design codes
- Technically proficient in analysis software including RISA products or similar
- Fluent in AutoCAD, MS Office and preferably REVIT
- Web maintenance and design experience preferred
- Exceptional writing skills
- Looking for long-term relationship and opportunity to be a part of an exceptional growing firm
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated, reliable, organized, flexible, detail-oriented, strong communicator with good people skills
Salary based on experience. Competitive benefits. Bonus and profit sharing based on company profitability. Flexible and easygoing work environment. Advance your career while working with a knowledgeable, approachable team.